HomeFirst Plan Benefits
Get personal care from a Care Management Team — at no cost to you.
One of the biggest perks of being enrolled in HomeFirst, is that you are assigned a dedicated Care Manager who leads a team of caring clinical professionals all committed to helping you stay healthy. Your Care Manager will stay in touch with your doctors, help arrange your medical visits as well as transportation to get you there. They will be your go to person and will work to help ensure you get the care you need to remain safely at home.
Your Personal Care Worker will help you with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing and meals. And our Personal Care Workers receive cultural sensitivity training, so they can effectively care for our diverse community. Respite care is also provided for family caregivers to make life a little easier on them and make the time you spend together more enjoyable.
Find out how HomeFirst can provide the following services for you:
- Adult day health care
- Audiology/hearing aids
- Care management
- Chore service, including shopping, light house cleaning and preparing meals
- Consumer directed personal assistance services (CDPAS)
- Dental care
- Durable medical equipment, medical/surgical supplies, prosthetics, orthotics and oxygen
- Home health care, including:
- Nursing care
- Personal Care Workers (PCWs) also known as Home Health Aides
- Physical therapy (PT)
- Occupational therapy (OT)
- Speech therapy (ST)
- Medical social services
- Home-delivered meals
- Congregate meals at locations like senior centers
- Nursing home care (restrictions apply)
- Nutritional counseling
- Personal care
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
- Rehabilitation therapies (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy) provided outside the home
- Respiratory therapy
- Securing community entitlements, including food stamps, phone and utility subsidies and Medicaid recertification
- Social and environmental support
- Social day care
- Transportation to health-related appointments
- Telehealth, so you can get the care you need without leaving the safety of your own home
Services are provided as medically necessary. This is a summary and not a complete list of services.