Elderplan Extra Help (HMO)
A plan designed for Medicare beneficiaries that was created to offer a little extra help in paying for your health coverage. You get the health care you need with a low premium and low co-pays. People with Low Income Subsidy (LIS) enjoy additional savings on prescription drug coverage.
Plus, you will enjoy an OTC benefit which now includes both health-related and select grocery items, gym membership and comprehensive dental. When you pay less on health care coverage, you have more to spend on things you enjoy.
The Elderplan Extra Help plan provides benefits like:
- No Part B deductible
- No Part D deductible for preferred generic, generic and preferred brand name drugs
- $55 every quarter for OTC, health-related items12
- NEW! Use your OTC benefit to purchase groceries, too!12
- $0 co-pay for in-person or telehealth primary care visits
- Comprehensive dental care, including fillings and crowns
- $0 co-pay for one routine vision exam every year
- Up to $150 for eyeglasses or contact lenses annually
- Hearing aid for one ear $500 every 3 years
- No-cost gym membership to help keep you fit and active3
Prescription Drugs cost sharing is based on your level of Extra Help/LIS.
Available in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Westchester counties.
- For eligible members (with certain chronic conditions) the Special Supplemental Benefits for the Chronically Ill (grocery benefit) combines with the OTC benefit to cover certain grocery items as a part of the monthly OTC allowance. [↩] [↩]
- Members in this plan receive a monthly maximum amount ($55 every quarter) to purchase eligible over-the counter (OTC) items at authorized retail stores. The OTC card balance cannot be carried over to the next quarter. The OTC card is not a debit or credit card and cannot be converted to cash. [↩] [↩]
- No-cost gym membership is available at all fitness centers and select YMCAs in the Silver&Fit® network. [↩]