Elderplan Assist (HMO IE-SNP)
Providing you independence through a dedicated team and additional care
Making sure you receive the care you need to help continue living independently is important to us. That’s why we designed a plan that was created especially for Medicare beneficiaries who live in one of Elderplan’s contracted assisted living communities.
Elderplan makes it possible for you to remain in the comfort and safety of your own home by providing an additional level of care from our skilled Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA), along with a dedicated Registered Nurse (RN). They will coordinate with physicians to create a customized treatment plan, conduct preventive wellness-focused care, manage chronic conditions, order lab tests, and write prescriptions.
This level of care will help avoid unnecessary and stressful emergency room visits and hospitalizations, further supporting your ability to remain at home. Your team will also communicate any updates with you, your doctors, and, if you wish, family members, providing comfort and peace of mind.
The Elderplan Assist plan provides benefits like:
- $0 co-pay for in-person or telehealth primary care and specialist doctor visits
- $0 for transportation to medical appointments, outings, and holidays with family, religious services, shopping, and more — up to 6 one-way trips quarterly
- $2,000 for hearing aids every 3 years, both ears combined
- Up to $312 per year for OTC, health-related items1
- $10 co-pay for 6 routine podiatry visits per year
- $500 for eyeglasses or contact lenses every 2 years
- $10 co-pay for acupuncture — up to 20 visits per year
- $0 co-pay for diabetes supplies
- $20 co-pay for chiropractic visits
- NEW! BrainHQ® — a memory fitness program to improve brain function through games, puzzles, and other fun exercises
Available in the Bronx, Kings, Monroe, Nassau, New York, Putnam, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk, Westchester, Dutchess, Orange, and Ontario counties.
If interested in joining this plan, please call our Enrollment Center at 1-866-360-1934 [TTY: 711 for the hearing impaired]. Representatives are available to assist you 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
- Members in this plan receive a monthly maximum amount ($26 every month) to purchase eligible OTC items at authorized retail stores. The OTC card balance cannot be carried over to the next month. The OTC card is not a debit or credit card and cannot be converted to cash. [↩]