Elderplan Plus Long-Term Care (HMO D-SNP)
Enjoy the Benefits of Our Zero Premium Medicare Advantage Plan
Receiving the care and support you need in the safety and comfort of your own home is important. This $0 premium plan was designed for Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries who need valuable assistance with long-term care at home.
You’ll be happy to know that there is no plan premium, no co-payments for doctor and hospital visits, and low co-payments for prescription drugs. Plus, you will enjoy an OTC benefit, which includes health-related and select grocery items that you can purchase at a store or order online, as well as home-delivered meals. The plan also provides transportation to medical appointments. If by now it is not clear that our main goal is keeping you healthy, you should also know we offer a Wellness Incentive program, which rewards you for receiving preventive screenings and immunizations. And to top it all off, we’re introducing the Brain HQ Memory Fitness Program that will help keep your mind stimulated.
Perhaps one of the biggest perks of being enrolled in this plan is that you are assigned a dedicated Care Manager who leads a team of caring clinical professionals all committed to helping you stay healthy. Your Care Manager will stay in touch with your doctors, helping arrange your medical visits as well as transportation to get you there. They will be your go-to person and will work to help ensure you get the care you need to remain safely at home. Additionally, a registered nurse will visit you periodically to check on you and assess your needs.
And when it comes to who provides your care at home, you have choices. We will be happy to provide a Home Health Aide who will assist you with activities such as bathing, dressing, and preparing meals. But if you prefer it to be someone you already know, we understand. You can pick a friend, neighbor, or in some cases, a family member to take care of you through the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS) program, and they will be paid for their time.
The Elderplan Plus Long-Term Care1 plan provides benefits like:
- $0 monthly plan premium
- $0 for inpatient, in-network hospitalization
- $0 co-pay for in-person or telehealth primary care and specialist doctor visits
- Dental, vision, hearing, and podiatry coverage
- NEW! $195 every month for OTC + Grocery + Meals23
- NEW! BrainHQ® — a memory fitness program to improve brain function through games, puzzles, and other fun exercises
All cost sharing is based on your level of Medicaid eligibility.
Available in the Bronx, New York, Queens, Kings, Richmond, Nassau, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Dutchess and Orange counties
If interested in joining this plan, please call our Enrollment Center at 1-866-360-1934 [TTY: 711 for the hearing impaired]. Representatives are available to assist you 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
Want to learn more about everything Elderplan Plus Long-Term Care (HMO D-SNP) has to offer?
Click on the links below to read more.
- To be eligible for this plan, adults must be 18 years of age or older, must have Medicare and Medicaid, and need community-based long-term care services for more than 120 days and assessed as nursing home eligible. [↩]
- For eligible members (with certain chronic conditions), the Special Supplemental Benefits for the Chronically Ill (grocery and meals benefit) combines with the OTC benefit to cover certain grocery items and meals as a part of the monthly OTC allowance. [↩]
- Members in this plan receive a monthly maximum amount ($195 every month) to purchase eligible OTC items at authorized retail stores. The OTC card balance cannot be carried over to the next month. The OTC card is not a debit or credit card and cannot be converted to cash. [↩]