2023 Elderplan Advantage for Nursing Home Residents (HMO I-SNP)
A health plan for Medicare beneficiaries who live in one of Elderplan’s contracted nursing homes and want an added level of care.
Elderplan Advantage for Nursing Home Residents provides an added level of care from a skilled Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant who will address health issues early to help you avoid unnecessary and stressful emergency room visits and hospitalizations. They will create a care plan with your physician and help coordinate physical exams, manage chronic conditions, order lab tests, write prescriptions, and communicate any health care updates with your family.
Benefits at a glance:
- NEW! $240 in OTC allowance per year that you can use toward health-related items1
- NEW! Zero monthly deductible toward medical coverage
- Zero co-pay for in-person primary care and specialist doctor visits
- Hearing aids — up to $2,000 for both ears combined, every three years
- $200 for eyeglasses or contact lenses every year
- Prescription drug coverage
- Zero co-pay for therapeutic leave for up to 5 days per year
- Zero co-pay for acupuncture and acupressure
- Zero co-pay for ambulette services which can be used to attend medical appointments, visit family and friends, attend a religious service, and more.
- Available in the Bronx, Dutchess, Kings, Monroe, Nassau, New York, Orange, Putnam, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk, Westchester, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Yates, and Livingston counties.
- Members in this plan receive a monthly maximum amount ($20 every month) to purchase eligible over-the-counter (OTC) items at authorized retail stores. The OTC card balance cannot be carried over to the next month. The OTC card is not a debit or credit card and cannot be converted to cash. [↩]