Elderplan Assist (HMO IE-SNP)
Elderplan Assist makes it possible for you to continue living in your facility while also getting nursing home level care. A skilled Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA), along with a dedicated Registered Nurse (RN) will work together to deliver the quality care you need to remain safely at home. They will coordinate with physicians to create a customized treatment plan, conduct preventive wellness-focused care, manage chronic conditions, order lab tests and write prescriptions. They will communicate any updates with you, your doctors and your family members, providing comfort and peace of mind. This added level of care can not only make it possible for you to remain in your home, but it also can help avoid unnecessary and stressful emergency room visits and hospitalizations.
The Elderplan Assist plan provides benefits like:
- $0 co-pay for in-person or telehealth primary care and specialist doctor visits
- Free transportation to medical appointments, outings and holidays with family, religious services, shopping and more – up to 6 one-way trips every 3 months
- $2,000 for hearing aids every 3 years, both ears combined
- Prescription drug coverage
- Up to $300 per year for over-the-counter (OTC), health-related items1
- $0 co-pay for 6 routine podiatry visits per year
- $500 for eyeglasses or contact lenses every 2 years
- $10 co-pay for acupuncture – up to 20 visits per year
- No Part B deductible
- $0 co-pay for diabetes supplies
- $20 co-pay for chiropractic visits
Available in Bronx, Kings, Monroe, Nassau, New York, Putnam, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk, Westchester, Dutchess and Orange counties.
If interested in joining this plan, please call our Enrollment Center at 1-866-360-1934 [TTY: 711 for the hearing impaired]. Representatives are available to assist you 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
- Members in this plan receive a monthly maximum amount ($25 every month) to purchase eligible over-the-counter (OTC) items at authorized retail stores. The OTC card balance cannot be carried over to the next month. The OTC card is not a debit or credit card and cannot be converted to cash. [↩]