2024 Elderplan Advantage for Nursing Home Residents (HMO-POS I-SNP)
A health plan for dual Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries who live in one of Elderplan’s contracted nursing homes and want an added level of care.
- Receive an added level of care from a skilled Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Enjoy an expanded over-the-counter (OTC) benefit that includes payment toward cell phone bills as well as a quarterly transportation benefit, all in one card.12
- See any doctor you want, at no extra cost.
- Available in the five boroughs of NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, Dutchess, Orange, Putman, Rockland, Westchester, Monroe, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca and Yates counties
Benefits at a glance:
- Additional level of care from a skilled Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- NEW! Freedom to choose any doctor at no additional cost, in- or out-of-network3
- NEW! $1,000 every 3 months toward transportation
- NEW! $0 copay for acupuncture and acupressure — up to 20 visits per year
- NEW! Increased and expanded OTC benefit including up to $1,800 per year toward traditional OTC+ Cell phone bill pay12
Learn about our OTC benefits
- Zero co-pay for in-person primary care visits
- Hearing aids — up to $2,000 for both ears combined, every three years
- $200 for eyeglasses or contact lenses every year
- Prescription drug coverage
- Zero co-pay for therapeutic leave for up to 5 days per year
- BrainHQ— a memory fitness program to improve brain function through games, puzzles and other fun exercises
Sign up for BrainHQ
Explore our network
Our network includes over 40,000 Specialists, Primary Care Doctors, Pharmacies and Dentists!
- Members in this plan receive a monthly maximum amount ($150 every month) to purchase eligible over-the-counter (OTC) items at authorized retail stores. The OTC card balance cannot be carried over to the next month. The OTC card is not a debit or credit card and cannot be converted to cash.
- The benefits mentioned are a part of special supplemental program for the chronically ill. Not all members qualify.
- Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat Plan members, except in emergency situations. Please call our Member Services number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost-sharing that applies to out-of-network services.