Elderplan provides high-quality and affordable Medicare Advantage and long-term care plans for New Yorkers.
As a not-for-profit health plan founded more than 35 years ago, our primary objective is to ensure that our members receive the benefits they need and deserve.
Elderplan offers Medicare Advantage plans tailored to fit the changing needs of Medicare and dual Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries at every level of health. We are proud to be the only health plan that offers a 5-star Medicaid Advantage Plus (MAP) plan and a 5-star Managed Long Term Care plan in New York State*
Our Medicare Advantage Plans provide you with the benefits covered under Original Medicare plus additional benefits like prescription drugs, hearing, vision, dental and more. In addition, our Members Services team is happy to answer your questions and provide assistance.
With Elderplan, You Can Enjoy Benefits Like
- Zero monthly premiums
- Zero co-pays for in-person or telehealth primary care and specialist visits
- Freedom to choose any specialist or dentist at no additional cost
- Preventative and Comprehensive dental
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) benefits toward health-related items
- $500 annual allowance for Flex Card to help with out-of-pocket expenses for dental, vision, and hearing
- Zero costs for transportation to and from medical appointments
- No-cost gym membership to help keep you fit and active, plus over 8,000 online videos
- Assistance at home with activities like bathing, dressing and meal preparation
- And so much more!
Part of MJHS Health System
One of the many advantages of being an Elderplan/HomeFirst member is that we are part of the MJHS Health System family that includes: MJHS Home Care, MJHS Hospice and Palliative Care, as well as MJHS Isabella and MJHS Menorah Centers for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care. So, if you need access to additional support over time, and choose to receive services from MJHS, your Elderplan team can work together with their colleague from across the system to better coordinate your care and make it easier for you.
Elderplan realizes that staying healthy is not always as easy as seeing the doctor or taking medications as prescribed. Unfortunately, gaps in access to quality health care based on race, ethnicity and financial stability are still all too often a factor. Consistent with our values, Elderplan is leading the way to great care by being committed to health equity, to closing these gaps in care, and ensuring that all our members have access to high-quality programs and services.
* Elderplan MAP is the only 5-Star plan in New York State. This is the highest rating a plan can achieve.* The New York State Department of Health rates and rewards MAP plans based on their performance on quality measures related to patient safety, preventive screenings, quality of life, satisfaction, and overall health status.
These 5 star ratings demonstrate that our members appreciate the best-in-class care they receive each and every day, and that is what sets Elderplan apart from other plans. So, take a look at the benefits offered by our health plans. You’ll see why Elderplan is becoming the Medicare Health Plan of choice for more independence-minded New Yorkers.