2024 Elderplan Extra Help (HMO POS)
A health plan designed specifically for Medicare beneficiaries who are eligible for Extra Help (LIS)1.
- Get medical, hospital and prescription drug coverage at little- or-no premium and low copays
- Get wellness incentives and the option to join Member-to-Member programs, free gym membership and more
- Available in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Westchester counties
Benefits at a Glance
- NEW! Freedom to choose any specialist or dentist at no extra cost2
- NEW! Flex Cards! $500 annual allowance to help with out-of-pocket expenses for dental, vision, and hearing
- NEW! $0 copay for acupuncture, acupressure, and reflexology — up to 20 visits per year
- $560 per year toward Over-the-Counter health-related items plus groceries and home-delivered meals34
Learn about our OTC benefits
- Zero co-pay for in-person or telehealth primary care doctor visits
- Preventative and comprehensive dental, including fillings and crowns
Learn more about dental benefits
- $150 for contacts or eyeglasses (lenses and frames) every year
- Zero-cost transportation to and from medical appointments
- No Part D deductible for preferred generic and preferred brand name drugs
- BrainHQ– a memory fitness program to improve brain function through games, puzzles and other fun exercises
Sign up for BrainHQ
- No-cost gym membership to help keep you fit and active, plus over 8,000 online videos5
Check out the Silver&Fit® network
- Wellness Incentive program, which rewards you for receiving preventive screenings and immunizations
Learn more about Wellness Incentive
- Worldwide emergency coverage up to $50,000
Prescription Drug cost sharing is based on your Extra Help/LIS level.
Explore our network
Our network includes over 40,000 Specialists, Primary Care Doctors, Pharmacies and Dentists!
- To determine eligibility for Extra Help from Social Security, you will need information about your (and your spouse’s) income and resources. For more information about qualifying for Extra Help, visit the Social Security website.
- Out-of-network/non-contracted providers are under no obligation to treat Plan members, except in emergency situations. Please call our Member Services number or see your Evidence of Coverage for more information, including the cost-sharing that applies to out-of-network services.
- The benefits mentioned are a part of special supplemental program for the chronically ill. Not all members qualify..
- Members in this plan receive a monthly maximum amount ($140 every quarter) to purchase eligible OTC items at authorized retail stores. Your OTC card balance cannot be carried over to the next month. The OTC card is not a debit or credit card and cannot be converted to cash.
- No-cost gym membership is available at all fitness centers and select YMCAs in the Silver&Fit® network.