Who is eligible for Elderplan?
Because we have a wide range of plans to meet your needs, our eligibility requirements vary by plan.
- Do you have Medicare Parts A and B?
- Do you live in the 5 boroughs of NYC, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, Putnam or Monroe counties more than six months out of the year?
- Do you have Medicaid coverage from the State of New York?
- Do you have End Stage Renal Disease?
If any of the above are true for you, you may be eligible to enroll in one of our plans.
You can enroll in Original Medicare when you age into Medicare at 65 years old, beginning three months prior to your 65th birthday, extending to three months after. You can also enroll during the Annual Enrollment Period which begins every year on October 15th and ends December 7th. Additionally, during Open Enrollment Period, January 1st – March 31st, you can disenroll from your current plan and switch to a different Medicare Advantage plan or return to Original Medicare and purchase a Medicare supplement plan.
Outside of those times, there are special circumstances when certain life events occur that make you eligible to enroll. These chances to enroll are called Special Enrollment Periods and may include the following:
- You move to a new address
- You change jobs
- You lose your current coverage
- You qualify for extra help from the government
- Your current plan changes its contract with Medicare
- And others