2023 Elderplan Extra Help (HMO)
A health plan for Medicare beneficiaries eligible for Extra Help from Social Security.
- You may be eligible for additional saving on your prescription drug drugs if you receive Extra help from Social Security1
- Get wellness incentives and the option to join Member-to-Member programs, free gym membership and more
- Available in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Westchester counties
Benefits at a Glance
- NEW! $320 per year toward Over-the-Counter health-related items plus groceries and home-delivered meals23
Learn about our OTC benefits
- Zero co-pay for in-person or telehealth primary care doctor visits
- Preventative and comprehensive dental, including fillings and crowns
Learn more about dental benefits
- $150 for contacts or eyeglasses (lenses and frames) every year
- Zero-cost transportation to and from medical appointments
- No Part D deductible for preferred generic and preferred brand name drugs
- BrainHQ– a memory fitness program to improve brain function through games, puzzles and other fun exercises
Sign up for BrainHQ
- No-cost gym membership to help keep you fit and active, plus over 8,000 online videos4
Check out the Silver&Fit® network
- Wellness Incentive program, which rewards you for receiving preventive screenings and immunizations
Learn more about Wellness Incentive
- Worldwide emergency coverage up to $50,000
Prescription Drug cost sharing is based on your Extra Help/LIS level.
Explore our network
Our network includes over 40,000 Specialists, Primary Care Doctors, Pharmacies and Dentists!
- To determine eligibility for Extra Help from Social Security, you will need information about your (and your spouse’s) income and resources. For more information about qualifying for Extra Help, visit the Social Security website.
- For eligible members (with certain chronic conditions), the Special Supplemental Benefits for the Chronically Ill (grocery benefit) combines with the OTC benefit to cover certain grocery items and meals as a part of the monthly OTC allowance.
- Members in this plan receive a monthly maximum amount ($80 every quarter) to purchase eligible OTC items at authorized retail stores. Your OTC card balance cannot be carried over to the next month. The OTC card is not a debit or credit card and cannot be converted to cash.
- No-cost gym membership is available at all fitness centers and select YMCAs in the Silver&Fit® network.