2023 Elderplan Extra Help (HMO)
A health plan for Medicare beneficiaries eligible for Extra Help from Social Security.
If you receive Extra Help (also known as Low-Income Subsidy) from Social Security, you may receive additional savings on your prescription drugs. Plus, enjoy coverage not available with Original Medicare, such as our Wellness Incentive and Member-to-Member programs, free gym membership and more.
Benefits at a Glance
- NEW! $320 per year toward Over-the-Counter health-related items plus groceries and home-delivered meals12
- Zero-cost transportation to and from medical appointments
- Zero co-pay for in-person or telehealth primary care doctor visits
- Preventative and comprehensive dental, including fillings and crowns
- No Part D deductible for preferred generic and preferred brand name drugs
- $150 for contacts or eyeglasses (lenses and frames) every year
- No-cost gym membership to help keep you fit and active, plus over 8,000 online videos3
- BrainHQ– a memory fitness program to improve brain function through games, puzzles and other fun exercises
- Wellness Incentive program, which rewards you for receiving preventive screenings and immunizations
- Worldwide emergency coverage up to $50,000
- Available in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Westchester counties.
- Prescription Drug cost sharing is based on your Extra Help/LIS level.
- For eligible members (with certain chronic conditions), the Special Supplemental Benefits for the Chronically Ill (grocery benefit) combines with the OTC benefit to cover certain grocery items and meals as a part of the monthly OTC allowance. [↩]
- Members in this plan receive a monthly maximum amount ($80 every quarter) to purchase eligible OTC items at authorized retail stores. Your OTC card balance cannot be carried over to the next month. The OTC card is not a debit or credit card and cannot be converted to cash. [↩]
- No-cost gym membership is available at all fitness centers and select YMCAs in the Silver&Fit® network. [↩]