Long-Term Care Plan Options
Receive the care you need in the safety and comfort of your home.
If you or someone you love is living with a chronic condition and requires long-term care (LTC) services at home, Elderplan can help. We offer health plans designed for people who require assistance with activities such as bathing, dressing and preparing meals. We provide the care you need to remain safely in the comfortable surroundings of your home… without any cost to you.
Perhaps one of the biggest perks of being enrolled in our long-term care plans is that you are assigned a dedicated Care Manager who leads a team of caring clinical professionals, all committed to helping you stay healthy. Your Care Manager will stay in touch with your doctors, helping arrange your medical visits as well as transportation to get you there. They will be your go-to person and will work to help ensure you get the care you need to remain safely at home.
Elderplan offers 2 options of long-term care plans for you to choose from:
Elderplan Plus Long-Term Care (HMO D-SNP)
- For individuals receiving both Medicare and Medicaid
- Health care and long-term care coverage all in one plan
- No plan premium, no co-payments for doctor and hospital visits, and low co-payments for prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter (OTC) benefit
- NEW! $2,580 Over-the-Counter (OTC) allowance per year that you can use toward health-related items plus groceries, home-delivered meals and internet pay12
- NEW! Acupuncture– up to 28 a year
- Zero monthly plan premium
- Zero co-pay for inpatient, in-network hospitalization
- Zero co-pay for in-person or telehealth primary care and specialist doctor visits (no referrals required)
- Zero-cost transportation to and from medical appointments
- Dental, vision, hearing and podiatry coverage
- BrainHQ– a memory fitness program to improve brain function through games, puzzles and other fun exercises
- Membership in our award-winning Member-to-Member program
Available in the Bronx, New York, Queens, Kings, Richmond, Nassau, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Dutchess and Orange counties
To get started with this plan call 866-360-1934 [TTY: 711], 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week.
HomeFirst Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) Plan
- Designed for those who receive Medicaid
- Separate long-term care plan in addition to their existing medical and prescription drug coverage
- Keep your own doctor
- No cost to obtain care from this plan
- $0 plan premium
- Personal Care Workers to help you with bathing, dressing and preparing meals
- Home Health Care including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- Transportation to medically necessary services
- Home-delivered meals
- Social Day Care
- Life alert coverage
- Durable medical equipment, medical/surgical supplies, prosthetics, orthotics and oxygen
- Assistance securing community entitlements, including food stamps, phone and utility subsidies, and Medicaid recertification
HomeFirst focuses on providing long-term care services. It does not cover hospital, physician or prescription drugs. For this coverage, HomeFirst members can also enroll in Elderplan Medicare Advantage plans, Original Medicare or another plan.
Available in the 5 boroughs of NYC, Dutchess, Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester counties.
To get started with this plan call 1-866-386-4177 [TTY: 711], 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- For eligible members (with certain chronic conditions), the Special Supplemental Benefits for the Chronically Ill (grocery and meals benefit) combines with the OTC benefit to cover certain grocery items and meals as a part of the monthly OTC allowance. [↩]
- Members of this plan receive a monthly maximum amount ($195 every month) to purchase eligible OTC items at authorized retail stores. Your OTC card balance cannot be carried over to the next month. The OTC card is not a debit or credit card and cannot be converted to cash. [↩]