HomeFirst Managed Long-Term Care Plan
HomeFirst, rated 5 stars for performance, is a not-for-profit managed long-term care plan (MLTCP) designed for people who qualify for Medicaid and suffer from conditions that require ongoing care at home.
HomeFirst is available in the 5 boroughs of NYC, Dutchess, Nassau, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester counties.
With a HomeFirst MLTCP, you can feel safe and cared for in the place that’s most comfortable for you. Your home.
Some benefits of being a member of HomeFirst include:
- Coordination of health and long-term care services with your physician(s) and health care providers.
- You can choose to have a Home Health Aide or Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS). If you prefer and are eligible, you can choose to have a friend, neighbor, former aide or, in some cases, a family member deliver your care. Under Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS), our plan will cover it.
- Ability to continue using your primary care physician and specialists. Browse the list of HomeFirst providers.
- A wide selection of covered services through our network of providers at no cost to you.
- We can coordinate other services including those covered by Medicare. Browse the list of benefits and services.
- A Care Management Team comprised of a dedicated Care Manager, Registered Nurse Assessor and Social Worker. All have expertise in caring for individuals with chronic medical needs.
- Your Care Management Team will collaborate with your physician and other health care professionals to ensure you receive the services you need.
- A plan of care that you, your Care Management Team, and your physician design specifically for you.
- Additional support in community-based services.
- An on-call nurse, who is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your questions.